Here are just a few of the things that you will never hear around our headquarters in Tyler, Texas:
- “Boss, can I take a bathroom break?”
- “I wonder if today will be exactly like the last 287 identical work days.”
- “Supervisor, could you please submit this “New Stapler Request Form” to the regional coordinator for submission to the tri-state coordinating committee?”
- Co-worker: “Let’s grab a taco for lunch, it’s $1 taco day!” You: “I can’t afford it, I spent my entire paycheck on a box of Ritz Crackers, but they were delicious.”
- “My 5-year plan is pretty much to get that promotion to party-planning committee chair-person, because there’s not really anything else to shoot for.”
- “I don’t like to leave pictures of my family on my desk because this company may shut down and clear everything out overnight.”
- “Boss, how’d you like that report you asked for that I worked on all weekend?” “Didn’t read it but I’m sure it was great, thanks.”
- “I had a hard time parking because of all the protesters outside picketing us.”
- “I saw a guy on the corner panhandling, and you know, it doesn’t look so bad after the week I’ve had.”
Maybe we’re just not listening, but we like to think that it’s because we like our jobs, co-workers and what our company is doing.
Some of the outstanding character qualities that exist within many members of our incredible team include: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. If you’d like to learn more about the people you could be working with, please meander over to our “Who We Are” page, which is somewhat up to date.